Are you a winner or a loser under the Trump-Ryan tax scam bill? Answer the questions below to find out!
- Are you Donald Trump or part of the 1%?1
- Do you run a multi-million dollar corporation?2
- Own a private jet?3
- Or a pass-through company like a hedge-fund or lobbying firm?4
- Do you make most of your income through investments?5
- Plan to inherit more than $5.5 million next year?6
- Or are you an oil tycoon that stashes corporate profits overseas?7
Congratulations! You get a tax cut under the Trump-Ryan Tax plan!
On the other hand if you…
- Live in a high-tax state and use the state-and-local tax (SALT) deduction8
- Are a current grad student who uses tuition waivers to help pay for your education9
- Are a former college student and deduct your student loan interest10
- Are a school teacher who purchases classroom supplies with your own money11
- Are a public employee who can’t afford a pay cut12
- Are a disabled veteran, food-stamp recipient, or long-term unemployed person who found work through the Work Opportunity Tax Credit13
- Anticipate out-of-pocket medical expenses like hearing aids or costly prescriptions14
- Use Medicare, Medicaid, or Social Security15
- Are one of the 13 million people who will lose your health insurance under this plan16
- Or make less than $75,000 a year17 …
You stand to LOSE under the Trump-Ryan tax plan while the 1% gains.
If you answered all of the questions above, chances are you’re going to be paying the price for the Trump-Ryan massive tax giveaway to the rich. And if you are, we want to hear your story.
Republicans are trying to sneak through this tax scam before the public has a chance to understand what’s in the bill.
And for good reason: polls across the board show that the more Americans learn about what’s actually in the bill, the more they hate it.18
That’s not a surprise. Most Americans agree that the rich need to pay more, not less, in taxes.
But Congressional Republicans are ignoring their constituents and instead doing the bidding of their corporate donors — worried they’ll be cut off forever if they don’t pass this bill.19 So right after Thanksgiving break, they are going to try and force through this unprecedented tax giveaway to the top 1% through the Senate.
But with your help, we can stop this bill before it’s too late.
Once the Senate returns next week, we’re going to elevate the stories of real people who are impacted by the #GOPTaxScam. Click here to help us show the real human cost of the Trump-Ryan tax bill by sharing your story.
1. 9 ways Trump’s tax plan is a gift to the rich, including himself, The Washington Post, September 28, 2017
2. The GOP Tax Plan: 3 Big Wins for Business, Fortune, November 2, 2017
3. Senate bill clarifies tax law for private jet companies, The Hill, November 16, 2017
4. The ‘Trump Loophole’ Would Benefit Millionaires, Not Small Businesses, Center for American Progress, August 24, 2017
5. Did You Catch the Huge Loophole in the GOP Tax Plan? The Rich Sure Did., Fortune, November 3, 2017
6. Winners and losers in the Senate GOP tax plan, The Washington Post, November 10, 2017
7. Winners and losers under the Senate tax overhaul proposal, AP News, November 18, 2017
8. A Look at Trump’s Trillion-Dollar Blue-State Tax Hike, New York Magazine, September 29, 2017
9. Here’s How The New Tax Plan Could Hurt Graduate Students, NPR, November 14, 2017
10. House tax plan would kill the student loan interest deduction, CNN, November 3, 2017
11. Firefighters, jet owners, school teachers—the unexpected winners and losers in the GOP tax bills, Quartz, November 17, 2017
12. NJ braces for possible repeal of SALT deduction, NJTV News, October 27, 2017
13. How Congress made tax reform impossible, Politico, November 10, 2017
14. 4 Losers and 1 Big Winner in the House GOP Tax Plan, Center for American Progress, November 6, 2017
15. How GOP Tax Plan Would Ruin Retirees, Underinsured, Forbes, November 13, 2017
16. The GOP is trading 13 million people’s health care for corporate tax cuts, The Washington Post, November 15, 2017
17. Senate Republicans’ tax plan raises taxes on families earning less than $75,000, Vox, November 16, 2017
18. Poll: Majority oppose GOP tax-reform bill, The Hill, November 16, 2017
19. GOP Donors To GOP Lawmakers: Yeah. We Will Cut You Off Absent Tax Reform, The Daily Beast, November 10, 2017