Watch a full recording of the event:
On Wednesday, October 8th, Mayor de Blasio and other special guests will be joining the Working Families Party in support of our campaign to raise the wages of over one million New York workers and to change the way Albany works by passing real campaign finance reform.
Join us and Mayor de Blasio on October 8th at 6:00pm in NYC. (This event is now at capacity.)
WFP Campaign Kickoff: Justice for Workers
October 8, 2014 at 6:00 PM
St Vartan Armenian Cathedral – 630 2nd Ave – New York, NY 10016
Together with the Mayor and a number of special guests, we’ll be kicking off our campaign to win justice for workers by winning both a Democratic-WFP majority in the State Senate and a strong showing on the WFP line on Election Day.
This is a very big moment.
Thanks in large part to the work of the WFP, here is just some of what is now within our reach as soon as this spring:
- A $10.10 minimum wage to win justice for low-wage workers across the state — and the ability for localities like NYC to raise their minimum wage even higher,
- Campaign finance reform to fundamentally change our elections, make them fairer, and allow for even more victories for workers in the future,
- A full Women’s Equality Act to safeguard women’s reproductive health,
- A DREAM Act to open opportunities for children of immigrant New Yorkers, and
- The decriminalization of minor marijuana possession so we can stop needlessly jailing our youth, especially young people of color.
Together, you and I have brought about an historic shift in NY state politics. We’ve made the impossible possible. Now we need to make it real.
That’s the message we’ll be sending to the entire state on October 8th.