Working Families is a progressive independent political organization that fights for economic and racial justice — and wins. Formed by labor unions, community organizations and grassroots activists, our aim is to advance bold policy goals that support dignity and justice for working class communities and communities of color. Working Families combines issue advocacy campaigns with a year-round commitment to building electoral power to win groundbreaking issues and elect strong progressive champions.
Texas Working Families is hiring canvassers to educate and mobilize voters on the importance of the upcoming election. If you are outgoing and personable and want to build your resume while creating true progressive change in Texas, this is the job for you!
This position involves working directly with the community in a variety of neighborhoods, usually canvassing door-to-door several hours a day.
No experience necessary. We provide paid-training.
An applicant we’ll love:
– Eager to be part of an incredible team
– Desire to take part in a palpable movement
– Active interest in social & economic justice
– Genuine commitment to making a difference
– Energetic, driven, confident, and self-motivated
– Versatile manager who loves to train and develop new leaders
– Great communication skills (good sense of humor is a major plus)
A position you’ll love:
– Empower communities to take action
– Use your voice to inspire voter turnout
– Elect progressive leaders across Dallas County
– Compensation starts at $15/hour
-Must be available to work 15-40 hrs per week
-Must be available to work on Saturdays until the November Election
-Must have reliable transportation to Carrollton/Farmer’s Branch area
Working Families is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to the anti-oppression and inclusion principles. Women, people of color and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply.