Over 100,000 people are joining the Working Families Party in demanding that Congress IMMEDIATELY:
1. Impeach Trump and remove him from office.
2. Expel all members of Congress who aided the white supremacist insurrection and voted against certification of the election.
3. Investigate the security response on January 6th.
There is no time to waste. Every hour counts. Congress must act as soon as possible, and we need to make sure they hear us.
Add your name to our petition to join WFP, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Ayanna Pressley, Cori Bush, Ilhan Omar, Jamaal Bowman, Rashida Tlaib, and more in calling on Congress to take these three actions immediately:
On September 14, 1874, thousands of white supremacist insurrectionists attacked New Orleans, Louisiana, in an attempt to overthrow the pro-Reconstruction state government.
On November 10, 1898, a mob of hundreds of armed white supremacists descended upon Wilmington, North Carolina, murdering dozens, torching Black businesses, and overthrowing the recently elected local government comprised of Black and white elected officials.
And on Wednesday, January 6, 2021, thousands of white supremacist insurrectionists, many carrying Confederate flags, and incited and led by a sitting president, stormed the U.S. Capitol grounds in Washington D.C. in an attempt to violently overturn the presidential election results.
History has taught us that democracy is never a guarantee. It is a choice we make. And times like these call on us to defend it.
1. IMPEACH AND REMOVE TRUMP: Support the pending Articles of Impeachment against Trump sponsored by Rep. Ilhan Omar, Rep. Ayanna Pressley, Rep. Rashida Tlaib, and others.
2. EXPEL REPUBLICAN MEMBERS OF CONGRESS: Support Rep. Cori Bush’s resolution to expel the 139 Members of Congress who last night voted to overturn the certification of lawful election results.
3. INVESTIGATE THE EVENTS OF 1/6: Demand a full investigation into the security response on January 6th, which failed to prevent white nationalist insurrectionists from entering the Capitol and terrorizing the people inside, and stood in stark contrast to the brutal treatment of Black Lives Matter protesters last year.
Will you join WFP, Alexandria Ocasio Cortez, Ayanna Pressley, Cori Bush, Ilhan Omar, Jamaal Bowman, Rashida Tlaib, and more in calling on Congress to take these actions immediately? Add your name to our petition here.
White nationalists know they cannot win a majority, so they are seeking to subvert the popular will through intimidation and violence. We cannot let it stand.
America has yet to achieve the promise of a true multiracial democracy, but that is the nation we must strive for. That means the will of the people must prevail.
In solidarity, always,
Working Families Party