New York Working Families Party Announces Endorsements in Yonkers and New Rochelle
For Immediate Release:
Thursday, March 2, 2023
NEW YORK, NY — The New York Working Families Party today announced their endorsements in Yonkers and New Rochelle.
“We’re very proud to endorse a slate of candidates in Yonkers and New Rochelle who will work to make our region more affordable for working families,” said Sochie Nnaemeka, Director of the New York Working Families Party. “With housing becoming more and more expensive, we need leadership that will center everyday people in housing and development decisions.”
“Our chapter is excited to support Corazón Pineda-Isaac for Mayor of Yonkers,” said Peter Bernstein, Chair of the Westchester-Putnam Chapter of the New York Working Families Party. “As a City Councilmember, Corazón has been a champion for quality public schools, living wage jobs, and fair and affordable housing for families. We look forward to working with Corazón as Mayor to build a Yonkers that is safe, healthy, and affordable for everyone.”
“We’re thrilled to endorse Yadira Ramos-Herbert for Mayor of New Rochelle,” said Jennifer Cabrera, Vice Chair of the Westchester-Putnam Chapter of the New York Working Families Party. “We know that Yadira will ensure that all New Rochelle residents are included when addressing critical issues like housing affordability, climate resilience, and quality public services. Our members look forward to electing Yadira as the next Mayor of New Rochelle.”
- Corazón Pineda-Isaac, Mayor of Yonkers
- Shatika Parker, City Council District 1
- Hector Santiago, City Council District 1
- David Tubiolo, County Board of Legislators District 14
- Ruth Walter, County Board of Legislators District 15
- Chris Johnson, County Board of Legislators District 16
- Jose Alvarado, County Board of Legislators District 17
New Rochelle Endorsements:
- Yadira Ramos-Herbert, Mayor of New Rochelle
- Martha Lopez, City Council District 1
- Kwamain Dixon, City Council District 3
- Shane Osinloye, City Council District 4
- Incumbent Yonkers Mayor Spano has amended term limits twice so he can run for an unprecedented fourth term as Mayor.
- The NYWFP engages in a deeply participatory, multi-step endorsement process. Dozens of party members and affiliates from across Westchester and Putnam counties participated in the candidate endorsement process this year.
- In 2022, over 260,000 votes (4.43% of the total vote) were cast for Governor Hochul on the Working Families Party ballot line, making up most of her margin of victory.